Saturday, April 27, 2013

Down by the Acura stage

even though I am on my 14th Jazz Fest
even though I am 66 years of age with a larger than average number
of miles on this rather worn carcass
 
my heart pounds
like a kid about to experience something new
as I turn on to Gentilly
 
I greet the parking lot guy (been parking here for years)
hand over thirty bucks and shoulder chair and cameras
for the three block walk to the gate
 
I am early because I know that the Acura stage
will get crowded as the young ones show up
for the latest teenage craze
I place my chair and then join friends down
by the barrier (as close as we can get)
and wait and after a little
 (that seems like a very long while)
the music starts with....

New Orleans own Suspects

 




 
 

 





Wanda Rouzan
 

 

 
 
 A signing singer
 
 
Jean Knight
 



 
 

 

 
 The Dixie Cups

 
 
Wayne Toups with Zy de Cajun
 

     
 
 
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment