Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Intro with drumroll and pictures...

I started writing and posting a blog a couple of years ago and I made myself a couple of promises:

First Promise: Under no circumstances would I write about myself or my personal history.

Second Promise: The blog would be about post Katrina New Orleans -

the changes and the sameness -

                                the good things -
                                     the music -
                                                     the food -
                                                                    the people and all those glorious festivals -

                                                            the bad things - crime - blight -
                                                                      termites that can eat concrete - roaches the size of rats -
                                                                                     rats the size of ....
                                                                                              and the broken economy


It has been a sporadic exercise; interrupted by travel - work and what can only be descriped as irresponsibility. It has also been more difficult than I would have thought - the program I chose after some research made posting photographs difficult. So I have left a place mark guiding my readers here in the old blog software. On the advice of an old friend who also posts a lot of photographs I am now going to give this a try.

                              Come along for the ride -
 
and celebrate New Orleans...

2 comments: